Friday 1 July 2016

The Met, Part 2

We had started off our visit to the museum with a little snack. The members' room at the Met has some delightful vegetable/fruit juices and a really good chocolate cake.


I seem to have gotten carried away with the fashion exhibit. Here is yet another of those leather dresses.


I adore this dress -it is Irish crochet (guige pur). - Lots of little pieces crocheted and then sewn together.


Here is a closer view.


 This is a lovely elegant dress.
 

 And then there are these....


Here is a detail of the dress above.


Some of the dresses are not too practical.


I'd love to see the one above on somebody as the patchwork quality is diffused by the lack of skin on the mannequin. (i.e you can't get the effect of the see-through quality so well.)


Others are interesting in their construction.  This one looked like it was made of bones.







I was curious how people got into some of the wrapped dresses. On the wall below you can see the unbuckled version of the center dress.







There was some intriguing ways of dealing with line.






I think the one below was Issey Miyake - there was a room devoted to him and a section on pleats and pleating.



I also visited the medieval exhibits, but since I had spent time there before I didn't take too many pictures.

This guy has always intrigued me.


And this griffin is stunning.


We spent a good part of the morning in the museum and then headed off to lunch for Mexican food.

No comments: