Sunday 28 June 2015

S.C.A. in the Park

I was on my way to look for the remnants of Rosecrans Fort and I passed by a regional meeting of the S.C.A.  I had to stop and take some pictures.


It was starting to get warm, so most of the armored people stood under the tree when they were not engaging in combat.



I find it so fascinating to watch the movement of the one on one combat.


This man's armor was beautifully stamped although it is hard to tell from my photo


Here is a closer view.


What follows are some random images that I took of the meet in the Shire of Rising Stone.







I had the chance to chat with some of the participants, including this woman on the right side who is a teacher of French and German and who has just achieved a peerage for sword play.



I love the grace of fencing. Almost any photo has a lovely bablance because each combatant is compensating for the movements of the other and thus there is a natural imagistic balance.








I really like this shot!


It is probably because I have a horror of scorpions. They both fascinate and terrify me. It is an interesting choice of an emblem.

 

  



 


 
 


I also got to chat with these lovely people. The lady on the left has on Englishmedieval clothing and the lady on the right is wearing Roman wear (although she usually wears medieval German clothing. I was sorry to not get the chance to see that.)



Thanks to Kissa, Justin and Mittie for talking with me.

No comments: