Thursday 25 June 2015

Grand Magnuson Hotel near Raymond

I spent last night in a lovely hotel in the middle of rural Illinois and thought I'd put up a few pictures. If you happen to be looking for a place to stay in southern Illinois, I recommend it. There is a pond and lovely landscaping with wooden decks and flowers.


This was the view out my window onto the back yard.


There is a lovely pool (although it doesn't open in the morning until 9:00 AM and I had to leave before then. SIGH!)


This is the lobby. They have a boat hanging from the ceiling and a general maritime theme including cases with a model of the Cutty Sark and such.


This is a riverboat in the pond. It is a wine bar and is used for special occasions and parties.



This is the restaurant.


My room was lovely and clean.


This picture shows you a little of the back yard area.  They even have Japanese style lanterns out of copper.


And then this morning on the way to Tennessee I saw this.



No comments: