Monday 30 December 2013

Holiday Cat Gifts

So I ambitiously thought I could get 5 of these done before gift-giving-time, but only managed to get 4 done. I can't say that I'm thrilled with them anyway. They are from  the Knit Your Own Cat book by Joanna Osborne and Sally Muir. I have to say the idea is grey and the authors did a lot of work on these, but I still found the directions a bit inconsistent. (Like is the left side of the cat from the cat's perspective or mine when looking at it?)


You may notice that one of the cats' heads looking back (or as my niece astutely noticed the head is on backwards. Of course I try to pretend it is intentional to give more realistic poses, but  one of the cat's heads is too small, one is (ahem) looking back, and the other cat I don't like the way the legs work on.



The last cat is gigantic and doesn't sit right. (It is as large as my Persian cat, other cats are smaller - as you can see the size is a bit inconsistent.)



Below is a preview of our holiday trip. We each had to make our own hat out of wrapping paper. This is what I ended up with.

No comments: