Monday 22 February 2010

Shawl is Blocking and Drying

Whose shawl is this anyway?


I finished the edging last night and all that is left is the blocking.


I set out my blanket on the bed and started pinning the shawl out.


I'm very glad I skipped a couple of the middle clues because it turned out enormous. I couldn't even fit it all on the bed and had to find a chair for one wing of the shawl.


The shawl measures 114 inches across (almost 10 feet or roughly 300 cm) and it is 57 inches long. It will drag on the floor I fear when I wear it!


Unfortunately my blocking blanket has a strong pattern so it is difficult to see the shawl pattern, but here is a closer look at the pattern. The beads are much more prominent in real life! (almost too much so!)  You can click on any picture to enlarge it!

No comments: