Wednesday 1 July 2009

A Few Spring Garden Pictures

We have had such a late Spring this year, that it has allowed me to enjoy my Irises even though I was away during the time they usually bloom!



In no particular order here are some images from my garden this year.



Above are my favorite peonies. (Click on the image to enlarge). They are in the front shady garden east of the driveway.



I didn't have enormous numbers of Iris this year, but they are a beautiful flower and I enjoy every blossom even when it is just the small antique irises and not the expensive grandiose ones!



The lupines just appeared out of nowhere.



I have a long row of irises interspersed with hostas and day lilies lining the drive.



The dark red ones (above) are particularly striking. The red flower below is a peony of course!



These early day lilies always bloom right before the irises. I think it is a great combination. They are still blooming even though the irises just finished.



Now my garden will have fewer blossoms for a while until the day lilies start up. I have a few balloon flowers and pinks blooming right now,



...but the drama of iris season is over!

No comments: