Wednesday 15 July 2009

Back in Old Sac

I have a few more photos from our California trip I wanted to put up.

After our return fro the Delta we still were not finished with our perambulations. We had a nice dinner and then decided to take a walk around town. Even in the dusk it is a charming city with lots of things to see. First we decided to walk around the Capitol grounds.



Arnold didn't invite us into his office, so we decided to visit the rose garden instead. Even though it was dark I was able to get a few nice shots of the abundantly flowering landscape.





This one was out of focus so I photoshopped it - I could just imagine a French Impressionist out there painting the beautiful flowers.



We also visited the Viet Nam Veterans War Memorial. I'm not sure which version of this one I like best.





There was this interesting discovery site too with markers for every place there was a star when California became a state.



Another beautiful place was this old Art Deco movie theater.






There is just something magical about Sacramento at night.



On the next day we went to see the old Leland Stanford mansion. They wouldn't allow pictures inside the mansion, but here are a few exteriors.





Here is an historic shot from the museum.



There were also a few images on the web that I was able to scrounge of the lovely Victorian style home. This is a stairwell in the home.





This is a shot of the parlor.




Evidently this is one of Eadward Muybridge's shots of the dining room.



I highly recommend a visit to the Stanford mansion, if the Governor hasn't allowed this State Park to be closed down because of the budget.

No comments: