Friday 12 June 2009

A Trip to Sacramento

Well, we are off on a short vacation and I don't have much time to post right now, but I thought I'd at least put up a few photos of some things we have seen. Yesterday we took a plane from Minneapolis



.....to Sacramento.



We are visiting our friends Pia and Jim who came to work in Minnesota at the same time as we did.






We took a lovely walk around Sacramento. Here are some lovers we saw down by the river.



Of course anything that came into sight was fair game photographically!




Sacramento has a quaint old town area with railroads and gold rush style buildings. Unfortunately the light wasn't too good at the time of day we were there, but this will give a general idea of the architecture.



My favorite shot of the day is this gentleman.



He's not exactly traveling light, but at least he travels in style.

3 comments:

Nessa said...

I love that guy's hat.

Pamela said...

I just got home from there.
We had the wildest thunderstorm I've ever experienced. The weatherman said it was one of the once in a lifetime storms.

My grandson and I played a game - a scavenger hunt -- and one of the sights to see was a man in a sombrero.

You get the point for that one!!

AfKaP said...

How funny, Pamela! What else got points? Maybe I've seen those too!