Friday 15 February 2008

Taking Care of Business



Apologies to anyone who might have stopped by for a cup of coffee and tea recently and a little visit. Spousal unit D. and I have been very busy. I may have mentioned that I have been chosen to accompany a group of students on a 4 month trip to Japan next September and so we have been furiously reading applications and doing interviews to try and whittle down far too many applicants to the size required by our Japanese hosts. We are both very excited about the experience, but the magnitude of the undertaking is just starting to hit home as we try to figure out who will care for our animals while we are away, how we will manage the household and how to sandwich 4 orientation meetings into our already jam-packed schedules.

In the mean time I am including an image for your entertainment. This is a photograph from the Architecture museum in Hokkaido. I love the open spaces and the clean organization of living. I know I will always live in a cluttered and hectic environment, but I dream of warm climates in houses where one can just slide open the wall and be one with nature.

3 comments:

ChrisB said...

You are going to have such an amazing time~ and think how much material you will be able to gather for blogging!

Beccy said...

That sounds amazing, what a wonderful experience for you.

I too love the idea of uncluttered living but am loathe to give up my clutter.

Anonymous said...

Continuing with Chrisb's thoughts, you will be blogging, won't you?