Saturday 2 February 2008

All I am Saying...

I looked out my office window a couple of days ago and saw this:



It kind of warmed the cockles of my heart.

Here is what the professionals have been doing with our ice and snow down in St. Paul. Since the skating competitions are being held here, there was a guy working on their emblem.



There is an ice sculpting contest connected with Winter carnival and although we had a eally warm day this weekend they sculptures did make it through mostly. So here are a couple of pictures of them from last Thursday. I'm not absolutely sure what this is, but it is pretty. You can't really see how shiny and sparkly the things are from the photos.



This a butterfly amongst grass and organic objects. It was a bit damaged but still very impressive.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very pretty. We don't get peace signs here. It's hard to make them in the mud.

ChrisB said...

Those ice sculptures are fascinating.

AfKaP said...

Min - I would think Mud would work fine - although we are currently mired in war, so maybe you are right.

Chrisb - yes - they are much more beautiful than I could capture in a photograph!