Tuesday 15 October 2019

Salzburg Photos

These are some images of Salzburg that I took the first week or so I was here. We climbed one of the smaller mountains and got a very nice view of the city.


Of course it wouldn't all fit in one photo, so I took quite a few.

This is a lovely wall near the cloister.

I wanted to take this picture to remind myself that Salzburg is more than just the old part of the city.


This is an office building that I really like. It has this coppery-colored metal screen sheath on it to keep it cool in Summer and warm in winter. It positively glows when the sun hits it.

This is a sign in the kitchen at the University.


Pia and I ate at this little place, but we sat outside.  I had a nice soup.

Here is a view of the fortress from the University plaza.

This is the actual University.


This is a view  of the fortress from the rooftop of the University.

 
This guy comes and entertains the tourists at various busy places.

And this is a little decco building  that I pass by sometimes. It is not grandly elegant, but I appreciate the jugendstil touches.


The mountains go all around the city.


This was coffee with Pia and Gerhard.



No comments: