Saturday 25 July 2015

Some Garden Photos

This won't be much of a blog - just a few images to indicate the state of the garden. First however I want you to see why I can not ever get anything accomplished! This is the table where I try to work.


He knows how to be sure to keep me from accessing my books, my knitting and the television remote!

The "front yard" has a red and white garden (which has been invaded by orange flowers.)  It has been blooming beautifully over the last few weeks!

 

There are some very large stunningly beautiful orange lilies that I will probably never move out of the garden because they do so well there (and the deer are too shy to bother them there.)

 

There are daylilies and daisies interspersed with the actual lilies. 


In the back yard the meadow colors have begun to shift from the pinks of the early season to the yellows of composite flowers.


The new garden where the oak stump used to be has been doing nicely (except the deer ate the phlox that are supposed to be in the middle of the garden for a focal point.)


This garden, based on a garden I saw in a magazine, has never satisfied me. It got overgrown, so I weeded it and transplanted some of the pinks that had become overgrown with grass so that they are more central in the garden, but it still doesn't look so good to me. Maybe it will grow into a better looking garden with a little time (?)


The wood chips help a bit, but it is shady and just doesn't quite look groomed.


I got 24 of those mini-solar lights and put them around the drive. The area is so large that there is no good vantage point to photograph them all.


Finally the shot of the day is this little face off between a grosbeak and a woodpecker. At least they got there before the squirrels did!


No comments: