Thursday 26 April 2012

Holding on to the Wheel and Hoping for clear Skies Updated


 (So I have updated the drawing and placed above this blog entry.)

Life has been a bit tough of late. Things are rough at work and I have little satisfaction except in my drawing. Even that is sometimes hard to dive into. Today I monkeyed around for hours trying to get focused enough to start my sketch. I ended working on four  of the nine (or so) figures -



This isn't the final version - instead it is a practice sketch so I can play with dark and light and composition. I'm trying to bring the figures up more slowly - it is a much larger piece 22" by 30", so I am working more slowly and carefully. Here is a close up on the figures I worked on today. Great Grandfather Rehor on the upper left just doesn't look like himself, but Granddaddy Hunt has finally moved away from the Freddy Kruger look.




 

At the moment I don't have a good sense of where I am going with this, but at least I finally did a little work on it.

I also just discovered that I am using the wrong instructions for my doily - now I'm starting to understand why it doesn't look like the flower I thought I was knitting. It will be very interesting to see what this thing ends up looking like - it is certainly nothing like what I was planning!!

No comments: