Tuesday 11 January 2011

Komon or is it a Dogi?

Some people may be wondering about that Dogi I started a million months ago (Maybe April or May). I just haven't had the hear t to knit since my knitting buddy Dana died. I do pick at it sometime, but the Dogi has been going very slowly. It is actually done, except that I decided that I didn't like it as a vest and so I decided to add sleeves. Here is what it is supposed to look like. Fuzzy Karen(http://www.flickr.com/photos/fuzzykaren/4154984880/sizes/o/in/photostream/) knit a lovely version:


(Go check out her totally cool crocheted ball and it's sun costume!!)

Anyway - mine didn't look cool like hers, (I had made it longer) and I just felt it needed arms., so I borrowed a meshy type stitch from the Komon and added its sleeves to the Dogi's body. Here is a detail. It shows the sleeve texture (on the right) and the vest texture on the left. You can see the vertical button stitch design much better on Karen's photo:


Here is the larger shot. (Yes, I gained weight over the holidays, but I didn't take off my sweater before modeling, so I think it's not as bad as it looks. Nevermind that the right sleeve isn't there! That will be the next step!)

No comments: