Tuesday 22 December 2009

I wrote this for a Social Networking Site (Public Spectacle https://www.public-spectacle.com/) but I figured I might as well put it up on the blog too. It's not that I really feel this way - but I wanted to vent about the pressures of the season and do so tongue in check! I love my family and love being with them for Christmas (and I don't even take any anti-depressants - what a boring person, nonetheless I offer a poem to Christmas tensions!):

Holiday season
Tense with due reason.
Family rivets
on hospital visits.
Pneumonia and breathing
and stomachs aren't easing.
This excessive tension
goes without mention.
Ongoing eating
to prep for our meeting.
I know my best trick
for feeling much less sick
about Christmas anguish
is simply to vanish.
I'd take one pill less
if there were less real stress,
But since we won't blow off
the gath'ring there's zoloft.
What have I got to give?
I need a sedative.
Guess I'll go shopping
On benzodiazepine.
But shopping mall Muzac
Is better with prozac.
And I know I won't falter
if I just have cymbalta
and nobody panics
when armored with xanax.
But since there's no chance I'll
Be able to cancel
Please fill your satchel,
Dear Santa, with paxil.
I'll sit quite content
'Til Christmas has went!
I won't deck the hall,
but I won't care at all!
Good will can cease,
If I just get some peace!

Picture from Sunday Mercury.net



No comments: